What Women Want is a global advocacy campaign to improve quality maternal and reproductive healthcare for women and girls and strengthen health systems. Launching on April 11, 2018—International Maternal Health and Rights Day—What Women Want sets out to query one million women and girls worldwide—from capital cities to rural villages—about their top priority for quality maternal and reproductive healthcare services by the end of 2018.
See the press release
Based on a successful grassroots campaign organized by 100+ organizational members of White Ribbon Alliance India in 2017, What Women Want aims to:
- Educate and empower individuals about the importance of quality, equity and dignity in women and girls’ healthcare
- Support women and girls to demand access to high-quality and dignified care
- Place women’s and girls’ self-articulated needs at the center of health policies, programs and accountability.
What Women Want is guided by a steering committee comprised of the White Ribbon Alliance (WRA), the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH), Every Mother Counts (EMC), International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) and Evidence for Action (E4A).
There are many ways to get involved. Here are all the tools you need to participate:
- Online and paper surveys (currently available in English, French, Spanish, Hindi and Swahili—with additional languages being added all the time)
- Key messages
- Social media graphics
- Implementation guidelines on how to integrate this into your existing work
To join the campaign at any time in 2018, or ask for more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More resources are available at www.whatwomenwant.org